The process we use to source sites for development or self-building is very similar to that employed for residential buyers as we have been involved with developing property and selecting self-build and development sites for many years.
We have a great deal of expertise in this market and have a working knowledge of the planning policies of most London Borough Councils and several of those in Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
We deal with property professionals including developers, investors, agents and planners on a daily basis and therefore have a very good knowledge of off-market sites within London zones 1 & 2. We also conduct a thorough trawl of the market and approach owners direct where appropriate.
We are particularly adept at sourcing sites 'pre-planning' and will suggest schemes which are likely to be achievable on the land we show you and the resulting planning and construction gain. We can also explain the potential costs of section 106 payments and facilitate the signing of option contracts.
During the selection process for sites, we prepare a feasibility study showing planning and construction gain, GDV and flag potential planning issues for each site proposed. We also provide examples of similar schemes in the area and evidence of the prices achieved.
Our planning service can include any or all of the following:
- managing the full planning process from start to finish;
- meeting the planning officer on site or in their offices as necessary;
- submitting pre-application advice requests with sketches or architects drawings;
- instructing architects, surveyors, arboriculturalists etc as necessary;
- applying for full or outline planning permission;
- dealing with neighbours objections and questions;
- requesting an appeal;
- ordering asset searches;
- representing you in front of the planning committee.
Further land search related information >>
Contact Manse and Garret Property Search now to find out more »